Hello! I am Alben Tan. I started as a professional digital artist way back in 2012. I have a degree in Architecture but I took a leap and pursue my passion for digital painting. I am currently working as a freelance game and concept artist. But I'm open to opportunities and possibilities of a new working environment as I am working at home for a couple of years now.
I am focused in making environment concept art and film key frames. I'm still hopeful that someday, I can be a part of a big AAA game title or film!
LandShark Games was founded in 2009 by a husband and wife team, Paul and Kim Tay Naylor. Their first game, Aviator, was a successful hit on Facebook and garnered fans from all over the world as well as the attention of the local game industry.
In 2013, LandShark Games ventured into the mobile market with Bad Candy, and later released the uniquely meditative Zen Koi in 2015 which has over 5 million downloads and was awarded “Best of 2016” by Google Play Store. Zen Koi 2 will be launched at the end of 2017 and will be LandShark Games’ 4th game title to date.
2009 - Aviator
2013 - Bad Candy
2015 - Zen Koi
2017 - Zen Koi 2
StudioBound is a multidisciplinary creative group who's work encompasses a broad range of mediums including: stage design, TV/ broadcast, themed environments, galleries and live events.
Through imagination, exploration and design thinking we create spectacle, attract audiences, and solve challenges by focusing on human to human engagement to deliver inspiring moments that awaken the senses and remind people that they are alive!
Making environment scenes that will be used as background scenes for a Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Book.
1. Game Artist. Provide illustrations for concept, character game design using 2D software like Adobe Creative Suite's Photoshop.
2. Assist in making 3D game assets using Blender, Google SketchUp and Lumion.
3. Manga Artist comic creator for background, line work, and toning using softwares like Google SketchUp and Manga Studios / Clip Art Studios.
4. Collaborate directly with the game designer / game developer team headed by an art director.
5. Create a storyboard and thumbnails of ideas and concepts and present it to the creative team.
6. Maintain a library of stock photo gallery.
7. Design game user interface (UI) and game assets sometimes.
8. Illustrator of splash arts for a MOBA game (Heroes of Newerth).
9. Background Artist for Android mobile card games and PC card games. (Legendary: Game of Heroes)
10. Underwent training throughout working as a game artist.